- Published on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 14:14
For those of you who are interested in using R alongside Google Maps by using the packages geonames (www.geonames.org), RgoogleMaps, ggmap, loa and plotKML. Enjoy the slides of our presentation on this topic during the last RBelgium meetup.
If you are interested in applying Spatial modelling on your data, get in touch: bnosac.be/index.php/contact/mail-us
- Published on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 14:04
For those of you who are interested in using R alongside Robotics applications and want to use ROS (Robot Operating System) together with R.
Enjoy the slides of our presentation on this topic during the last RBelgium meetup.
If you are interested in applying real-time analysis of your data streams or sensor data with R and ROS, we can help - get in touch at bnosac.be/index.php/contact/mail-us
- Published on Monday, 30 March 2015 08:26
The next RBelgium meetup will be about R & Google Maps and R & Robotics (ROS).
BNOSAC will be hosting the event this time.
This is the schedule:
• 17h30-18h: open questions
• 18h-19h: R and Google Maps
• 19h-20h: R and Robotics (ROS)
For practical information: http://www.meetup.com/RBelgium/events/220918123
- Published on Thursday, 19 February 2015 15:36
CRAN mirrors are the backbone to everyday common R usage. They provide the R website and most of the R packages today. Currently there are about 104 official CRAN mirrors. Hosting a CRAN mirror is one step to help the R community and is explained here.
To ease that process, at BNOSAC, we have created a Docker image which sets up a CRAN mirror.
That Docker image can be found and is available for download at the following docker registry: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/bnosac/cran-mirror
For people who don't know Docker, it is basically a tool which allows developers to containerise an application. In this case, the application is to run a CRAN mirror.
How does it work. 3 steps:
1. Install Docker on your computer or server as explained here, if you haven't done this already.
2. Pull the docker image: docker pull bnosac/cran-mirror
3. Run the CRAN mirror: docker run -p 22:22 -p 80:80 -v /home/bnosac/CRAN/:/var/www/html -d bnosac/cran-mirror
That's it! It started synching CRAN on /home/bnosac/CRAN and will synch every day at 02h30 UTC. You can now go to 0.0.0.0 in your browser or find the ip address where it is running and go to that address in your browser to see the R website (see https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/bnosac/cran-mirror for more info).
Now what can you do with it.
- have a local CRAN mirror in your company
- install.packages("data.table", repos = "mylocalmirror")
- serve the community with another mirror if a closeby mirror is not readily available
- Published on Monday, 29 September 2014 08:45
This year, BNOSAC offers 2 R courses in cooperation with the Leuven Statistics Research Center. The courses are part of the Leuven STATistics STATe of the Art Training Initiative and are given in Leuven (Belgium).
For R users and data scientists we offer a 2 short courses on R programming & statistical learning. Namely
You can download the brochure with the courses here: http://lstat.kuleuven.be/training/HR_BRO_LSTAT_2014-2015.pdf
Interested? Registration can be done here.